Tuesday, February 3, 2009

That's One Big Dic........tionary

It has been a while since I posted any worthless pieces of information, but today I came upon a bit of info I just HAD to share... As anyone who reads my blog knows, I totally suck at spelling. Even with spellcheck I still can't get it together. I have a college degree, but that doesn't make me any better at spelling. I think I get this from my Dad. Every week while writing out the bills my dad would ask me how to spell the word ninety, or eighteen. There must me some missing links in the genetics chain. Anyways. Today, while responding to a blog, I couldn't remember how to spell the word rebuttal. Thank God! I looked it up, because I was way off. I always use dictionary.com to check my spelling cuz even if you are way off it usually guesses what your trying to spell. Today though.... Today... I found something I never found before... the mountain of awesome.... did you know they have audio pronunciations for EVERY word??? I know, I am way to excited about this, but really its fun. The words I plugged in today... Rebuttal, Fellatio. they have the "hear" button in 2 separate places. One is a mans voice. The other a woman's. so I've been alternating. wow this is stupid, but SO FUN! The last word I tried was Pecan cuz my husband and I are always arguing about the correct pronunciation of this. oh my god, must go back for more.

6 comments:

Justine said...

Oh my poor, pathetic cousin, getting entertainment value out of an online dictionary. Why don't you look up the conjunction for the words YOU ARE. It's not "your". Heeheeheeeeeeeee
And I pronounce pecan, "Pee-can" Not caaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhn.

Tiney :o )

Anonymous said...

You say toe-may-toe
I say to-maw-to.

I have watched the rock of love before but this bus one I couldn't do. Brett just wants pooty tang on TV.

And yes, I've been a LOST fan since the beginning.

Jill said...

You have been tagged... come by and pick it up!

Michael said...

I alternate between pee-can and pah-cahn. I can't make up my mind!

Anonymous said...

who really uses the word Fellatio anyway?

I have a midwest accent going here.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hmmmm, I leave skid marks on both my (Google) spell check and dictionary!!!! I ain't a kiddin'!

Sweet Wishes,
Sara